Saturday, October 22
Ruth Hardy Park!
The Desert AIDS Walk is celebrating 30 years of "Walking To Make A Difference". Each year since 1987, when the historic first steps were taken, the Desert AIDS Walk, along with more than 2,500 community members have walked united to raise funds for the vital services provided by Desert AIDS Project (D.A.P.).
We need your support, more than ever as the number people seeking care at D.A.P. has grown by 65% in the past 12 months. With your help D.A.P. can continue providing our 3,600 patients and clients with:
- High quality clinical services which provide primary and HIV-specialty health care.
- Wellness and behavioral health programs that offer support for the elderly, the young, the unemployed, the impoverished, and many more.
Collectively with the Desert AIDS Walk, the Get Tested Coachella Valley team will continue their tireless mission to get 100% of the Coachella Valley tested for HIV which is key to ending further HIV infection. This is critically-needed because:
- More than half of Coachella Valley residents have never been tested for HIV
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that approximately one in five people living with HIV do not know they are infected
- In our valley, the prevalence of HIV is more than twice the national average —putting everyone at greater risk
With each step we take and each dollar we raise we can test more people, bring more people into care and move toward a world free of HIV/AIDS.