Saturday, October 22
Ruth Hardy Park!
In 1987, former First Lady Betty Ford, actor Kirk Douglas and his wife Ann led the first steps of the Desert AIDS Walk. Each year since, the Coachella Valley community has united together to raise funds for the fight to end HIV/AIDS. This year marks 29 years and 30 Desert AIDS Walk!
Desert AIDS Project has grown from the small group of volunteers who founded D.A.P. in 1984 to one of the most comprehensive and respected AIDS service providers in the country. One thing that will not change is D.A.P.’s commitment to providing an unsurpassed level of care to our patients. In the past 12 months, individuals seeking care at D.A.P. has grown by an astounding 65% which is an additional 1,400 new patients that have walked through our doors this year alone.
We need your support, more than ever to continue providing our 3,600 patients with:
- High quality clinical services which provide primary and HIV-specialty health care.
- Wellness and behavioral health programs that offer support for the elderly, the young, the unemployed, the impoverished, and many more.
With each step we take and each dollar we raise we can test more people, bring more people into care and move toward a world free of HIV/AIDS.
Please join our FUNdraising efforts today.
- It's online safe and easy.
- Create your own team, join a team, or register as an individual,
- Set up your FUNdraising page
- Set your goal.
- Collect donations from your family, friends and co-workers!
- Have fun!