Welcome to Barry Schoenfeld's 2017 Desert AIDS Walk Page
Dear Family & Friends,
This year, I will again walk in The Desert AIDS Walk in memory of my late partner, Ezra Litwak, and the millions of others around the world whose lives are currently, and have been affected by HIV/AIDS.
The 2017 Desert AIDS Walk is a wonderful, grassroots community event supporting the HIV and AIDS services, prevention, and advocacy at Desert AIDS Project (DAP) such as:
- medical and dental care
- transportation assistance
- mental health counseling
- a Community Center with a variety of educational and social activities, including skills-for-living and back-to-work training
Did you know that:
- More than half of Coachella Valley residents have never been tested for HIV?
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that approximately one in five people living with HIV do not know they are infected?
- In our valley, the prevalence of HIV is more than twice the national average —putting everyone at greater risk?
Please, once again, join my fundraising efforts today. Click on the Donate Now button and help me reach my goal! And/or join the CalComMen Team and walk proudly with me!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.