Welcome to Desert AIDS Walk Page!
Saturday, October 21, 2017
Ruth Hardy Park, Palm Springs
For 31 years, the beautiful desert community has been walking to support the fight against HIV/AIDS. Since 1987, when Desert AIDS Walk's historic first steps were taken, community members have united to raise funds for the vital services provided by Desert AIDS Project (D.A.P.).The Desert AIDS Walk has made it possible for D.A.P. to provide their patients and clients with an unparalleled range of services:
- Medical and Dental Care
- Transportation Assistance
- Behavioral Health Counseling
- A community center providing 20 support services including skills-for-living and return-to-work training and much more.
The D.A.P organization has committed to these bold goals set forth by UNAIDS to help end the HIV epidemic:
- 90% of people living with HIV will know their status,
- 90% of people living with HIV will be linked to care and receive sustained antiretroviral therapy and
- 90% of all these people will achieve viral suppression making them uninfectious. And, the spread of HIV ends.
Please join my fundraising efforts today. Donate now and you can help make a big difference in the lives of those living with HIV/AIDS while helping bring an end to the epidemic.
With each step we take, and each dollar we raise, we can test more people - bring more people who are HIV positive into care - and move one step closer to an AIDS-free generation.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.