Welcome to My Personal Page
Saturday, October 17, 2015
The 28th Desert AIDS Walk is a grassroots community event supporting HIV and AIDS services, prevention, and advocacy at Desert AIDS Project (D.A.P.). Desert AIDS Walk has made it possible for us to continue serving the clients of D.A.P. with an unparalleled range of services:
- medical and dental care
- transportation assistance
- mental health counseling
- a Community Center with a variety of educational and social activities, including skills-for-living and back-to-work training
Simultaneously, we are working harder than ever, to help bring about an end to further HIV infection here in our community as the lead agency on Get Tested Coachella Valley. The goal of "Get Tested" is to get 100% of the Coachella Valley tested for HIV. This is critically-needed because:
- More than half of Coachella Valley residents have never been tested for HIV
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that approximately one in five people living with HIV do not know they are infected
- In our valley, the prevalence of HIV is more than twice the national average —putting everyone at greater risk
With each step we take and each dollar we raise, we can test more people, bring more people who are HIV positive into care, and move one step closer to an "AIDS free generation".
Join my FUNdraising efforts today. Click on the Donate Now button and help me reach my goal! Thank you.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.