Desert AIDS Project has earned a national reputation as one of the most comprehensive HIV/AIDS services providers in the U.S. We are one of only a handful of agencies operating an:
- On-site medical clinic
- A full range of client support services
- A comprehensive HIV education and prevention program, including free and confidential HIV testing
In 2013 and 2014, Desert AIDS Project has been named one of the “Top 20 HIV/AIDS Charities” by About.com, for
Our high percentage spent on programs vs. overhead (82% in both 2013 and 2014)
- Our fundraising efforts (raising $100 for every $15 spent)
- Our financial transparency
For 31 years, our supporters have been joining us to raise much needed funds for client services at Desert AIDS Project. The Desert AIDS Walk has netted over $6.5 million through:
- Individual Walkers who secure donations and pledges from friends and family
- Sponsorships from local businesses
For the past 4 years, Desert AIDS Walk has partnered with many of our local nonprofit organization. Those nonprofits, who have become our valued Community Partners, have had 50% of the funds they raised returned to them. Once again, the Desert AIDS Walk, invites our Community Partners to participate and share in their teams net proceeds!
The Desert AIDS Walk is a 2.5 mile loop that starts and ends in Ruth Hardy Park on Saturday, October 21!